We seek a candidate with superior sales ability and AV/IT technical knowledge that can provide opportunities for increased market penetration within the AV market segment. This candidate will be able to recognize opportunities to integrate AV and other Creative offerings to create unique collaborative work-spaces utilizing a consultative approach and develop new business relationships.
Successful Candidates Will
- Develop and continually work client networks
- Research, develop and maintain prospect lists of potential customers.
- Recognize and understand business opportunities and develop effective business strategies.
- Source, network, implement and execute strategic sales plans.
- Develop sales proposals, make presentations to clients, perform follow-up calls to prospects, and negotiate and close deals.
- Bachelor’s degree from 4-yr college or university, 3-5 years experience in business-to-business sales, preferably audio/visual
- Candidates must have a proven track record as a top sales performer, a high degree of initiative and self-motivation, and the ability to sell in both short and long sales cycles.
- CTS or equivalent certification desired
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business and technical publications and blueprints.
- Ability to recognize, analyze and translate customer needs into integrated solutions
- Excellent communication skills
The Project Manager reports to a member of the Account Management staff and has overall responsibility of the logistics, planning and coordination of assigned projects for AVPL. The PM will take assigned projects from inception to completion, handling all logistics, client interaction, vendor coordination, internal communications and work flow scheduling. A PM has overall responsibility for their assigned projects. The PM works closely with the Account Manager, the Sales Lead, or Executive management to take direction on specific tasks and accountability that will support project success. While the PM is required to communicate with the client, they are accountable for the project at hand, not overall account status. The position involves coordination of the Sales, Engineering and installation teams, in-house fabrication and on site project work with Field Logistics teams.
Essential Job Functions
- Multiple levels of management, coordination and planning:
- Coordinate with the managing Engineer to ensure that the project has adequate Engineering resources to meet the project deadlines.
- Coordinate with the lead Engineer on the project to ensure that the project is meeting all specifications, and review and approve any equipment changes from the original spreadsheet that the lead engineer may require to build the project.
- Coordinate with the Purchasing Team to ensure that all equipment items have been ordered, and to track the delivery in order to meet project deadlines.
- Coordinate with direct supervisor and Field Logistics teams to assure that the project has the Site Supervision and Technicians to complete the project on schedule.
- Coordinate with the Sales Team on any changes to the project that may impact final project cost and/or project schedule.
- Effectively communicate project status with the team and directly with the client on a regular basis, as needed.
- Create and maintain project status reporting and planning.
- Create project plans where applicable and ensure that project teams meet project deadlines.
- Track the progress of projects, ensuring that they are staying within budget and meeting client expectations.
- Responsible for following the AVPL Project Lifecycle, completing all necessary forms and communications in an effort to ensure a smooth project process.
- Responsible for submitting project invoicing to the accounting department.
- Responsible for tracking project costing throughout the project and escalating any cost issues to management, account management or the sales lead for the client.
- Responsible for any additional paperwork or forms which may be part of projects requirements that are often established by the general contractor or owner.
AVPL is a fast growing, commercial audio/video integration firm. We have been in business for nearly 5 years providing a variety of services including, but not limited to, the installation and maintenance of: High End LED Displays, Cutting edge Audio Systems, Video Walls, Touch Panel Controls, Custom Sound and Video Design, System Designs Integration, Testing, Training, Technical Support and ongoing maintenance.
We have an outstanding company reputation and offer a competitive salary, vacation days, 401K plan.
We are currently looking for someone to fill the role of Lead Installer/Technician. This position will work along side a team to complete Audio/Video installation projects from start to finish in a timely and professional manner.
We are looking for candidates in NY, DC and Florida
- High School Diploma, Bachelors or Tech Degree preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record for the past 5 years
- Must have current automobile insurance coverage
- Must be able to work on ladders and use power tools
- Must have the ability to lift/carry/setup a 75 lb. ladder
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Provide courteous customer service to new and existing customers.
- Travel to job sites throughout the country
Applicants should possess:
- 5+ years of in-field commercial audio/video installation experience of an intermediate to advanced level or 5+ years of experience in a construction background such as electrical work, fire alarm system, video surveillance (CCTV), etc.
- Ability to comfortably work in a construction environment
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to communicate effectively and timely in person, through email, and by phone
- Good organizational, project management and documentation skills
- Computer familiarity with Windows and/or Mac, and commonly used applications for word processing, spreadsheets and simple drawing. This includes Excel, Visio and DSP programming
- Ability to read blueprints, system wiring schematics and building documentation/layouts
- Assist with all aspects of the project as directed by the Project Manager
- Adhere to safety guidelines and requirements
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot with low voltage wiring standards
- High skill level in wire terminations including, but not limited to, CAT5/6, twisted pairs, coax, etc.
- Cabling rough-in and termination (all media types)
- Cable testing and documentation (all media types)
- Build-out of MDF and IDF (racks, patch panels, wire managers, network electronics, etc.)
- Familiarity with basic Ethernet networking and router/switch configurations
- Perform all cable pulling, suspension, fireproofing, terminating, and testing in accordance with the National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Perform all work in a neat and quality manner
- Maintain all tool inventory assignment and checkout
- Ensure that all equipment and information are onsite to meet schedules and deadlines
- Good personal skills in dealing with demanding clientele while maintain a positive impression at all times and making all customers feel valued on an ongoing basis through establishment of rapport and relationship building.
- Well developed electronic troubleshooting skills
- Prior experience with networking protocols, LAN/WAN concepts, and TCP/IP networking
- Prior experience with telephone system and network equipment installation
- Experience with RTI, AMX, Crestron and DSP programming, advanced networking and video calibration are a definite bonuses!